Lexi- She reads like she is in high school. She is a brilliant reader. We have had several comments made from teachers at the school how amazed they are at the level she is reading at. Like always she makes us proud. She has started her a buisness so to speak. She makes cookies then sells them to neighbor kids. She does this all by her self.
Carter- Well Carter is Carter. He loves life. What can I say! He loves to know everything, even if he knows nothing. I think he has this strong desire to be accepted. He has had a few issues at school which is hard to deal with. Kids that bully are just no fun. He continues to bear his testimony every Fast and Testimony meeting. Me as a parent cringe as I wonder what will come out of his mouth. I need to be a better parent by teaching him better. Maybe then I will have a bit more faith in knowing what he is saying is truely from the Spirit. Ahh bless our Carter! He is truely a gift!
Mallory- Wow we get comments on her too at how well behaved she is at school. What...not at home. She is a monster that instigates so many fights. I don't understand why she does this. Sometimes she can be sooo sweet. She has had a very unstable Kindergarten. I have been frustrated with that as a parent. Hopefully she will still learn all that she needs to learn. She has a strong desire to learn to read!
Owen- He is potty trained Yeah! He was so easy to train. Just took 2 days of crying to want his diaper back on. Other then that he has been so easy! He has been wanting to help me cook and is so proud when he gets help. He is a stinker yet such a sweetie. I love my Owen.
On to a different subject...me! I have been feeling overwhelmed with life lately. Life is Hard. Not that I have many struggles, I really have it easy. I love my kids and family. I am thankful for what I have and who I am. If I could change one thing it would be good health. I feel overwhelmed with me health lately. Maybe because I realize how fragile life is. I am grateful for the knowledge that I do have. This life is temporary. We were singing in Primary today a song I have sung many times before, but for some reason I felt the spirit stronger then I ever have while singing that song. I guess I got it...maybe it was what I needed for the day. It is the 2nd verse of When he Comes Again.
I wonder when he comes again, will I be ready there
To look upon his loving face and join with him in prayer
Each day I'll try to do his will and let my light so shine
That others seeing me may seek for greater light divine
Then, when that blessed day is here, he'll love me and he'll say
"You've served me well my little child, come unto my arms to stay"
It was confirmation to me that I am loved. In Womens conference I really felt that. I really felt that I am loved by my Heavenly Father.Just wanted to share one more thing for posterity purposes. There have been times in my life when I really needed comfort. I was stuggling one day this week. I was having an anxiety attack...well self diagnosed anyways. Don't really know for sure. Anyways, I couldn't sit still, my heart felt like it was gonna burst outta my chest, I kept getting butterflies in my stomach. I got down on my knees and prayed. Prayed for strength, comfort, peace. I needed some serious mental help. Halfway through the prayer my twitching stopped, my worries were gone. I felt peace. I am thankful for those times. I know that Prayer can be an amazing thing. I am learning the hard way I think. I wanted to get up to bear my testimony today but new there would be no way I could do that. I knew I wouldn't be able to make sense of all my thoughts and I knew I would ball like a baby...uncontrolably! So here is a smidgen of it on paper..well sorta!




2 comments:
You are SOOO amazing!!! Thank you for sharing that and for being such a GREAT example!! I miss you like crazy, and can't wait til we can get together again!
I am really starting to learn that all of us feel a lot of the same things......I think we are all so much more alike than we are different! It really is comforting to read about other's struggles....not because I'm glad you have them...but because it helps me feel that I'm not so alone in mine. Hang in there....how do we do it? One good choice at a time. Line upon line, precept upon precept....
Post a Comment