Monday, April 5, 2010

8 is great!

Carter has turned 8...and boy that is great! K-not really, but sounds good. He did say he seemed older. We will baptize him this summer in Colorado so, if you are in the neighborhood, tlet us know! We would love to see ya! Carter loved the attention on his birthday. He wanted doughnuts for breakfast, then he took a lunchable and jello for his lunch. For dinner we had steaks, corn on the cob (frosen I might add), and homemade frenchfries. I had taken brownies into his class, so I didn't make a cake for him. He will get that on Saturday when he has his big b-day party. I am excited because that is about the only creative thing I have been able to do lately. Since we only allow big parties every 4 years, he gets a big one this year. He wanted to do bouncy castles. So, I added in the carnival theme. More info and pics to come on this. Hopefully all who come have fun! Back to his family party. He got scriptures, an umbrella, a game, a stupid car toy that was a very big dissapointment, and some "How to Train a Dragon" books. All in all he seemed to have a nice day. I am glad that we can wait a few more months for his baptisim. Hopefully with his party and baptism seperated it will make it that much more special...not to mention family that will be there. We are proud of Carter. Some things I love about my Carter are...
Carter was my best baby. He slept completly through the night @ 2 months old.
He is always smiling, unless of course he is losing (he is slightly competetive...wonder where he gets that from?)
He is tender hearted.
He likes to bear his testimony every fast and testimony meeting. I haven't decided yet though if it is just because he likes to get up in front of people or what the deal his...definitly doesn't get this from me! He also has been fasting for a while on fast Sundays. One day he decided to fast for a sister in the ward that was in the Hospital...without prompting from Andrew or I. What a great example he is to me!
He loves to dance...and thinks he is marvelous at it. In my eyes he is!
He has a good memory.
He loves to learn...unless it involves writing that is!

Owen was upset because he wanted the dumb car thingy Carter got. I have a feeling it will be seeing the trash soon! Poor Owen doesn't quite understand that it isn't his birthday yet!



I love my Carter man and can't wait to see what his future holds!





1 comment:

Franna and Jon Larsen said...

I can NOT believe Carter is 8!!!! Oh my goodness! Congrats! And he is an amazing example... he taught me SOOO much when I was his teacher.