Friday, April 25, 2008

Weight loss

YES! Is all I gotta say. I have been trying to loose weight. I got on the South Beach Diet which is a no carb, no sugar diet. So, I eat lots of eggs, fish, veggies, nuts, and meat...and lowfat cheeses. It starts on a phase 1, which is supposed to eliminate your cravings for sugars and carbs. After 2 weeks you can start slowly adding your whole grains carbs and fruit back into your diet. I am on day 10 and I have lost 8lbs. I am so excited! I have not eaten any kind of sweet this whole time. I do have an occasional fruit or piece of whole wheat toast. My goal is to loose 20-25 more lbs. Hopefully I will stick to it! I have felt better then I ever have in the past year or so. It is amazing what a good diet and exercise will do for your mental health!
Kari

6 comments:

Shantay said...

That is great. I can't do that diet, because I have no will power. Good for you, keep up the good work.

Daily Drama Mama said...

Um, I am on the me,me, diet. Me want it, me eat it. It doesn't really work but I like it alot. Good for you. Keep up the great work.

Hunter Family said...

Yippeee! I'm right behind you!!

Cammie said...

That is so cool. You are doing great. I can't wait to see you in June. YOU GO GIRL!

Sarah Lee said...

I'm impressed! 8 lbs in 10 days!?! I lost 2 pounds this month and I was just happy about that. I have no will power at all. I am just blessed to be buily like my moms side of the family... but I do have to work out! I have been working out 3 times a week for one hour... that's good for me!

Em and AJ said...

Good for you. I do have to admit that eating right and exercising really does do something for your mental health. Now that Ashton is 3 months old and the doctor has given me the go ahead to exercise, I feel so good about myself these days even though I still do have that flubber from having a baby...sigh! Does it ever go away? :)