We just have had a whirlwind of a few weeks lately. And not really any pictures to show for it. I was able to go to Arizona to see my Sis. Karlee have her first baby. That was so exciting! Thanks Karlee for letting me be a part of it all! I was so sad to leave the kids and realized how precious they really are to me. My life would be boring and incomplete without them. I run into a lot of people...mostly friends and family that I think try and make Andrew and I feel bad about how many kids we have. They always make comments about how chaotic my life is, and that we are crazy for wanting more. I guess it is hard to explain why I would. It is a very hard job, especially when all of them are sick, or they have just thrown cat food all over for the tenth time that day, or they are fighting with each other. I only hope that I can be a good enough mom that they don't need therapy when they grow up! Anyways I went off on a tangent...needless to say I love being a mom and wouldn't change any of it for a million dollars no matter how hard it is! Andrew is such a supportive husband and was willing and able to stay at home with the kids while I went away! He only made it through part of church because Owen was having a rough time and wouldn't stop crying.
I am trying to get the house in order since we leave for Colorado on Friday. Andrew will come back for about 5 weeks then fly back to Colorado while we await our big move. The fact that we are only allowed 3000 pounds of household goods, is very tricky. I worry about not taking enough, and also worry if we are over our weight limit? Andrew will move everything and clean up the house the end of June. He will then stay in lodging for about 3 weeks or so. He will then go to New Orleans to have the car shipped..it takes up to 2 months for it to get to the Azores. So we will be without a vehicle the first month we are there! Hopefully our household goods will be there though because that will have the bikes in it. I am kinda wondering how we will get to church and get groceries?!
Trying to sum up the last few weeks here is very hard. I have been through a lot here. I will miss the state of Mississippi. I have had some great experieneces here as well and met some wonderful ladies! Sis. Perkes, Sis. Griggs, Becky Riley, I have learned so much from all of them...Thank you for being such great examples! Andrew has had a great experience as far as his career goes. He has had great mentors to help him progress. The kids have thrived in school and have been blessed to have some great teachers. Its hard for me to say I will miss this place, because I feel as though I am one of the badly beaten trees from Katrina. I have survived but I feel emotionally, physically, and spiritually scarred from this place. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have a Heavenly Father watching over me and my family. I think he realized I had had enough. So, goodbye to this chapter in my life I hope the best is yet to be!
8 years ago




4 comments:
Kari, you are a great girl. You will have so much fun in Azores. I really am planning on a visit. I swear. lol
I think people who want (and can handle) a lot of kids are great. Sadly, I dont' think i'm one of those people. My sister has 5 and gets comments from people all the time.
Good luck and the move, how scary and exciting!
If you'll have me, I would totally visit! (remember we fly really cheap)
You know that Biloxi has just prepared you for something else..........the Azores will be an adventure, I'm sure! You'll do great. We'll miss bumping into you at Bellingrath Gardens and seeing you on our trips back to Biloxi. But, remember, we still have the Colorado connection!
Your kids dump cat food on the floor too?!? You are a GREAT mother, Kari, and your kids are lucky to have you as their mom! Have a blast in the Azores and take every opportunity to explore. You'll be glad you did!
Post a Comment