We are in the 2 month long process of the move. We had a late start Friday morning because of cell phone issues, so we didn't leave until after 11:00. Which is not normal for us. We usually are up at 4 or 5 in the morning to drive 15+ hours. Not the case this time. The rest of the trip to Colorado Springs was flawless. Kids, cats, and dog were all well behaved! We got to spend a day with cousins,, then headed to Omaha Nebraska. We have already been to the Omaha Zoo, which is a must for anyone that is visitng. They had a few new exhibits since the last time we came. My favorite was a butterfly thing where we walked inside and there were butterflies flying all around us! They also had this thing called the Zoofari. It was like a ski lift across the Zoo. Pretty COOL! The kids's favorite part was a gorilla that was putting a pair of pants on his head and running all around, hitting the windows. We got got eat at Olive Garden tonight with Grandpa Jim. Andrew was in the car though because I think he got food poisoning form the pizza he ate at the Zoo...that is my wishful thinking theory! So, he missed his visit, but it was good for the kids and I to chat with him. Carter was in true form and putting his feet on the table, Owen was cranky throwing food everywhere, Mallory wouldn't eat, and Lexi..well an Angel :) Poor Jim!
8 years ago




1 comment:
Looks like you've had a busy week. You are very brave driving so much with four kids! I've decided to fly to San Antonio with Wyatt and Jacob and Dan's going to drive Dallin and Garrett because I'm avoiding the car at all costs. Wyatt HATES his car seat! I think we might miss you here in Colorado :( but I'll stay updated by your blog. Dan is so jealous you're going to the Azores!
If you are back in Colorado before Saturday give me a call. I leave early Saturday morning so Carter and Dallin might miss seeing each other. Bummer... Have a fabulous time in the Azores!
Post a Comment