
Our Back yard...rough I know!
1.The kids had their
first violin lesson today. Seems like it should be good. Carter was not at all thrilled by it, but Mallory was so excited. I am sure it will be much more expensive in the states so we will see if we can keep this up!

2. Mallory's preschool teacher came by and met her on Thursday. Mallory was so excited the night before she was saying,
"I wonder what my teachers name is going to be". One kid left at home...boy oh boy what are we going to do!?

3. Although our stuff still isn't here, we were very hopeful when we saw a
cargo ship coming in on Thursday night because we were told that is when it would get here. The kids and I chased it down while Andrew was pathetically moaning on the couch with sore abs (he did a P90X workout Wednesday morning and was so sore he was walking around the house like a very, very old man). They were again fighting, crying, and throwing tantrums....sigh! Look hard, you can see the ship.

4. We got
strawberries! It may seem like a small thing to some, but to me it was great! The produce comes from Germany once a week, and they hooked me up! This was a great treat for us. They we some of the yummiest stawberries I have tasted. Like they were plucked straight from a garden. I think Owen ate one cartoon himself...he kept saying "More, more"

Carter doing the Irish Jig in the rain!
5. It rained more yesterday in 6 hours then it has since we got here. Apparently more than it has all summer so we hear! Our house is on a slope so we had a
wading pool in our front yard. I let my hair down and allowed the kids to go out and play in it! They had a blast. The fun didn't last long though because of thunder, dinner, fighting, and tantrums... sigh!
6. I hit rock bottom thursday morning because of
no car. I woke up late, then Andrew decided to call and say he wasn't coming home for a while, it was raining, and then Andrew called again and says in 45 minutes Mallory's teacher was coming to meet us. I told him I was not taking the kids to school...I had had it with the
no car thing..so over not having a car...spoiled I know! Thanfully the bad day didn't last long. Andrew came and picked up the kids before 9:00, the visit with Ms. Robinson was good, and I got to even chat with a good friend on skype!
2 comments:
What a fun mom you are to let your kids play in the rain! I need to be more spontanious (don't know how to spell that). P90X is so hard! I wouldn't know from personal experience but I see Cole hobble around the house too and just chuckle.
I miss you guys soo much!! Owen is already looking older and it's only been a couple months! Your pictures of the forest are beautiful, I can't even imagine what it looked like in person but I'll try. It is definitely what I think the forest from the Twilight books would be like. Oh, and everytime Addy sees her b-day card on the fridge she points to it and says "Owen", I'm sure she'll be happy when we skype you tomorrow.
Love you!
Post a Comment