Sunday, September 20, 2009

Van=Happy day!











It was hard to get good pics in the cave.

Looking up the cave. It is an inactive volcano.





Those of you who facebook already know that we got our van Tuesday. Oh Happy Day! I heard a couple of people saying they saw me driving with a smile on my face...I am sure I was! We've been able to get out and do some things. Saturday I went to a locally owned produce stand I guess you could say. They sell like a spring mix of lettuce, apples, pears, potatoes, onions, tomatos, herbs, honey, bread...some other stuff I didn't know what it was. Anyways, It was a neat experience just to be out in the community. I plan on going as often as possible.
Later that day we got to go on an adventure with church friends. They took us to a place that overlooks almost the whole island. That was very cool! The kids were just excited to look down and see birds flying below them. We then went to a cave. Sorry for the lack of names of all these places because I have no clue what they are called. The cave was so awesome. The Portuguesse have done some realy neat things to the Island. I wouldn't be surprised if it became more of a tourist spot in the next 10 years. We then went to Duck Lake. It is definitly not a lake, but it did have ducks. This was my most favorite part of the day. It was beautiful..like a fairytale. Or for you Twilighters out there, like the forest from the book. There was moss growing on everything, and tall beautiful trees. My camera couldn't even capture the beautiful green of everything. Of course, I always have to make a complaint, so it is the roads. I just hope to make it off this Island alive! The roads are narrow, the round-abouts scare the bejeebers out of me, and there are pot holes everywhere. Even though I am scared to death of driving here, we had a blast! There is beauty everywhere on the Island, I am amazed at all it has to offer!

4 comments:

Daily Drama Mama said...

I loved all of the pictures!!!! So happy you got your car!!! Keep in touch.

Linda Perkes said...

Thanks for posting photos. What an amazing place! And what an amazing family you have. Beautiful!

DHFarnsworth said...

Beautiful! Sounds like you're living the dream in paradise. :-)

Marie said...

We picked our van up in Baltimore Friday so I totally know the happiness you feel! Our stuff arrived early so it is getting delivered Monday. After a month with nothing in Germany and the torturous week plus here on air matresses I am so ready to have my bed back! Looks like you guys are having fun! Keep doing as much as you can becuase 2 years goes fast!