Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Owen

Owen is a whopping 2 years old! Boy oh boy he fits the description! Since I have been out of commission for a week, I have noticed some great things about him. He really likes to help! He likes to help set the table, cook, recycle, carry in groceries, fetch our shoes, and lots more. Anything the big kids can do...he can do better:) He says a lot too, we just don't understand him most of the time. For his birthday he got the Cars movie (we are behind I know!), some Cars Lego's, and bubble lawnmower, a Cars firetruck that he sleeps with and takes everywhere, a color wonder book (since he colors on himself all the time...thanks to the Morgans for this great gift!), some airplanes from aunt Kort and Addy, money, and books from Grandma Judy...he has read them all (or we have read them all several times already)! He didn't quite understand what a birthday was, but he knew how to open presents! We had a few friends over and I made ribs (for the first time), homemade mac'n'cheese, and a fruit salad! I tried singing Happy Birthday to him when he first woke up in the morning but he told me "NO". He cracked me up when he was trying to blow out his candle. Something just wasn't working right...he was blowing, but his air was going up...he was blowing his hair! So funny! I can't believe my little man is 2. It was very hard to replicate the alligator from the book I have. There are no runts, no chocolate alphabet cookies, no green Jellie Bellies, and no Junior mints. It still turned out fine. Oh and because of time I didn't frost the Alligator the way it should have been done. That would have taken me an hour alone.





See, you can see the lower lip coming out and blowing all the air upward...you can even see his hair blowing upward! And Andrew is in the back getting prepared to help him!

"I did it!"





2 comments:

Franna and Jon Larsen said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!! I miss you guys soo much! I can't believe he is two already. I swear you were just pregnant. Man life just goes by WAY to fast!

Cammie said...

Love the cake. You are so talented.

Happy Birthday, Owen.