Thursday, October 15, 2009

Not a whole lot going on!

Since I hadn't blogged for a while I thought I would post what was going on in our household.
Owen is a BIG stinker! He is always getting into something; my purse, gum, candy, markers, toilets...everything! We did take away the Paci though so we are very happy about that! He is still having trouble with certain speech issues! I wish I could understand what the little bugger was saying.
Mallory is funny. She has really enjoyed preschool, and I have enjoyed not having to pay for it! On the days I walk to get her she wines the whole way home about walking. I guess she takes after me. She loves to sing and do anything girlie. She told me the other day that she behaves at preschool because she doesn't want me to be mad at her if she gets in trouble. If only that would last until she got married! She has been having nightmares lately, about kitties none the less! Mallory is a drop out. She has quit violin...or maybe I quit for her:)
Carter is doing well. He really loves to read. I recently bought him some Captain Underpants books. Hopefully no mischief will come from those books! He started Cub scouts and still hates violin. Is that bad of me to keep him in it?
Lexi is still my Lexi! I miss those days when she was little, but I so enjoy the days when she is helpful, sweet, happy..she is just a good kid! She is reading the Harry Potter series and seems to really be enjoying them. She is in Girls Scouts and is enjoying it. She is doing the best at picking up violing, but it has been hard for all of them considering there is no books. The teacher just writes the music down as they go along. I am having a hard time with that, but I am trying to relax about the whole thing. She is still doing well in school, although I am having a hard time adjusting to the school. The teachers seem less personable then I am used to. We were spoiled in Mississippi!
Me, well I am doing fine. I am still trying to adjust to the life here. It is so slow paced which is great at times but other times I find myself napping and going to bed early for lack of anything to do. I voluteered to do Activity Days for the girls at church, and then also a book club. Friday I get my wisdom teeth taken out, and I have had anxiety all week because of it! Hopefully all goes well!
Andrew is staying busy. He goes to work even when he is supposed to be off. That is so irratating and frustrating for me! I will ave scheduled something around his schedule just for him to say he has a meeting or something, so again I have to rearrange mine. He started playing flag football which he seems to enjoy. The Fire Dept. figured out he is good at computers, so he is doing extra stuff ontop of his regular work load.

3 comments:

Hunter Family said...

Hay Kari, I really miss you guys! I'm glad you are doing well. Don't worry about the kids and thier music lessons. They'll choose something else they like. Sean is also reading Harry Potter, that's funny! Good luck with your wisdom teeth and keep us updated. I don't have any so I lucked out in that area. Post more pictures soon. We all have to enjoy the Azores through your blog!

Hunter Family said...

sorry, I meant "Hey Kari!"

Daily Drama Mama said...

Hey your slow paced life sounds HEAVENLY!!! Wish I could hop on a plane and come enjoy it with you.