Lexi is cheering again for basketball. I am her coach and I must say I have really enjoyed cheering again. She tried out for Captain and made it, and no I wasn't the judge. She takes the rolde seriously and does a great job. She still does great at school!
Carter is playing basketball for the first time, and boy he is getting good. Still no baskets, but some great steals. He LOVES it. Grandpa Crick would be so proud. Maybe one day he will get to see him play. He has been working extra hard at school. He has been having a hard time. I have been supplementing him at home with journals and workbooks. He also will be having an evaluation in the next few weeks for ADD. This is something I have been concerned about since being here. Hopefully things will get worked out.
Mallory is still a stinker, but loves loving others!
Owen is starting speech therapy. I am glad that hopefully in the next few months we will get better communication. He loves the park, unfortunatley we haven't been able to go much because of the crappy weather.
Andrew tests for Master tomorrow. He studied better then he ever has for a test. Hopefully he makes it. He got food poisoning a few days ago and is still recovering. So, he wasn't able to really study these past few days.
I am busy with several things- cheer, mom duties, teaching RS, Activity Days, and cleaning! Its good to stay busy. I am grateful for good babysitters, not taking a bite of Andrews fish, and good food!
8 years ago




3 comments:
You sound busy, and happy, Kari.
You are so funny! I'm glad you didn't take a bite of Andrew's fish either :) Sounds like you are staying busy. How much longer do you guys have there?
I feel your pain with the Carter. Ryan was just seen by a doctor, but he said the amount of ADD he possibly has is not enough to medicate. We have some incentive programs set up at home and the doctor is reccomending Ryan be pulled out to get more one on one and be allowed more time to complete work and take tests. He is smart, but not motivated! We were told to make sure breakfast is a high protien meal and the doctor is also reccomending Ryan get opportinuties to get more physical activity to kind of jumpstart his brain throughout the day. They have not had recess here since November! In Alaska they sent the kids out until -15, here if it's a little wet or under 40 they don't go out! Good luck and maybe we can share tips and ideas! I will take anything at this point!
Post a Comment