Carter finished football with no injuries. He can now catch the ball and push just as hard as any other guy on his team..or the other for that matter (except the one that would choke hold our team then throw them to the ground). The other team supposedly stacked their team, but we won most of the games. We were the underdogs by far, that made victory that much sweeter! When receiving his trophy, his coach announced Carter as the meanest kid on the team-Carter punched his hand like he was a bully. Funny thing is he is total opposite- sweet and sensitive as can be! Carter bought 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from Lexi and gave one to the missionaries.
Owen has been up to trouble..nothing new there. He talks more we just still don't understand him. He loves is trike he got for Christmas. He can't pedal, so his little feet move a mile a minute on the ground as he pushes along. He is possesive(just like every other 2 year old...he says mine real well:). He loves "The Wheels on the Bus". He comes up to me all the time asking for me to put it in. The only way I know what he is saying though is because of his hand motions. He rolls his arms round and round. When I was in the hospital he wouldn't come near me. It took Andrew going back to work before he warmed up. Now he cries for me, and wants me. That is so SWEET! Owen has bought no Girl Scout cookies but has managed to try them all!
Mallory and I got to go on a field trip to the base "clinic" recently. She was so happy to have me come and I was happy to go. We walked there. She saw x-rays, how to bandage, blood cells through a microscope, and got to go through an ambulance. At the end was a chocolate chip cookie! She bought her first box of Girl Scout cookies from Lexi with her very own money.
Lexi has been cheerleading for a couple of months now. She loves it. I must say she was the cutest one on the squad. And watch out -her high kick could kill! She also has been busy with Girls scouts. They started selling cookies this past weekend. She has bought 2 boxes of cookies.

Carter and I got to go on a Date. We went to the Mother/Son dance that the base put on. We had so much fun...my date kept ditching me! I was still able to get in a few dances...I even taught him the two step! My new goal is to not care as much about pictures of me. I worry that people will think "What happened to her, she used to be skinny". I am not going to worry about that..ok so I will a little. But I am going to try and overcome that and just be comfortable with being me! We will see how this goes! On the other hand, Mallory loves pictures..in all her lipgloss glory!
P.S. Andrew and I have bought 27 boxes of cookies... thats what happens when I am the Cookie Mom and I am housing 1500 dollars worth of cookies in my house!
6 comments:
I love girl scout cookies, and I think I would not do good having them in my own house. I would eat many, many cookies because I love them so much...mmmmm, they are so good. You look great in your picture, glad that you posted it. Hope you are doing well.
My new approach to the disappointment of a body that doesn't look like it did 10 years (or actually more) ago is: No side views in the mirror. They accomplish nothing. =)
You look beautiful! Don't be so hard on yourself!
And I love Girl Scout cookies! That's too funny that you've bought so many boxes! I love it!
Good decision to post photos of you. You are so beautiful! I love reading about your cute family : )
This was supposed to be the year I was going to limit myself on girl scout cookies and I failed! Oh well, I am sure my hips and tummy thank me!
What are you talking about? you look almost the same as you did at college. I think we all do it for different reasons. Mine isn't weight, just that I look older, blah! Plus kids are much cuter than me.
Can't believe you're gonna have another one. You'll do great, I hear after 4 you might as well have 5 or 6. I wish I could do it, but I have way too much anxiety, my 3 girls just might be the death of me! (i'm being totally dramatic of course)
Post a Comment