Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wow we are partying hard in the good ole USA! We have been having a good time, just missing Andrew is all and my own house. The kids started swim lessons last week and seem to be having a good time. Owen plays in the kiddie pool while the others are swimming. I bought a 2004 Durango, and I am way excited about it. I am not sure I will be staying here or not while Andrew does his deployment, but I knew it would be good either way for us when we return to the states. When we moved to the Azores, we were stuck for 7 weeks without a vehicle. Not fun! We have been going to the Zoo, four wheeling (Lexi crashed into a tree while driving and then decided not to tell anyone, therefore she has been banned from driving it!), swimming, shopping, playing with cousins. We get to go to the Hamblin reunion down in Durango (funny! I just bought one, now we are going there:) this coming weekend. Then Judy and Tom will be here to visit and to help celebrate Andrews 32 birthday. I just really hope he gets on the hop tomorrow! On a different not, Owen has had a few Drs appt.s for his speech, now we are just waiting on Tricare to authorize him to get his tongue, well under his tongue, clipped since that is what is restricting his speech. I am hoping it all works out. As for me I have recieved some answers as to why I think I miscarried so many times. After talking to a lady in my moms ward and doing my own research, I really think it was my thyroid. Definitly has made me realize how important it is. Also, makes me a bit angry that things weren't looked after better when I was prego and that this was all preventable. I try not to go to deep into the anger..mainly because it just makes me more angry!:) I got my thyroid meds upped and hopefully that will all level out soon. Oh I didn't mention the part that when prego your TSH levels should be around 2 or lower (not to much lower though because then I would be hyperactive, which I wouldn't mind so much because then maybe I could start loosing wieght again). A couple months after my miscarraige when I asked to have my thyroid checked, it was over 8. something. I am happy that things have worked out the way they have. The lady, Sis. Lane, was great to talk to. She went through 4 miscarraiges before they figured out it was her thyroid. I talk about this in hopes that it will help someone else out one day! Well, I am praying Andrew makes it on the flight..there is only one seat available!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

so you have hypothyroid? my sister-in-law is hypo and she doesn't want to take any meds for it.

Ms. Boedee said...

Hey you!! I know I have mentioned this before....I am hypo as well. My Dr has me on over 220 micrograms of Synthroid right now!! Can you believe that!! You are right about the levels needing to be 1 or 2 during pregnancy. My levels a couple month ago were 17.5 they are trying like crazy to get them down to 1. Pregnancy is killer on the thyroid - as I am learning. I pray you find a understanding and SMART doctor so you can sustain a pregnancy. Loves to you!!! And I hope Andrew makes it!