Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Reviews are in...

So, I am a Twilighter, and I must say I am a tough critic. I will start with the positive of the movie. Loved who they casted as Bella and Edward...love love love them. I was a Jacob fan in the books, but now, I must say Edward is HOT, Jacob is NOT. Jacobs character was cast the worst..in my opinion. Plus they didn't develop his character very well. Very disappointed about that! Another good thing is they are going to turn the second book into a movie. I hope they get a better director, screenwriter. Better music too. I was somewhat disappointed with that. Other then the scene where they are in Edwards bedroom and Claire de Lune came on...hence the music on my playlist. The running....was the worst for me. Maybe with the second movie they will have a bigger budget. Books were much better, but I must say Edward and Bella were so much better in the movie then they were in my head. I would buy the movie in a heartbeat, and can't wait to see what they will do with the second one. I can't stop thinking about the movie, even though I was somewhat disappointed with some of the things. Like I said before, thank heavens for Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Rob Patterson), otherwise I think the movie might be a flop...for me.

5 comments:

Daily Drama Mama said...

I agree. But I always like books better. I think because I have it all set in my head of what it is and if the movie is not that then it just doesn't work for me. I mean they should be able to see what's in my head right?

Cammie said...

I agree. There were some disapointing things but over all I loved it. Next movie they will develope Jacob alot. So I am good with just seeing Edward but I think Jacob is hot too. I did love the entire cast. I missed the details that the book gave but the movie was still good. I LOVE that I could take my kids, if I wanted too. No nudity or cursing. double thumbs up. I am glad that this movie is a hit. Maybe Hollywood will take notice and realize they don't need all the smut....

Sarah Lee said...

Ok, that is too funny. I just wrote my little take on Twilight and then read yours... I guess everyone has a lot of the same complaints and/or good things to say. I however, must disagree with you on the music... I loved it!

Hunter Family said...

I don't know you Cammie, but I agree 100% about Hollywood and the smut. It's just not necessary!
Jacob wasn't that cute in the movie but I saw a few pictures of him on the internet with short hair and he is a really cute young man. I also enjoyed the casting. The Cullens were casted beautifully...and I mean that literally!

Marcie Kump said...

I loved Bella and Edward in the movie, too. The first time a saw it, I was REALLY disappointed. The second time (I went first with a couple of girlfriends from my ward, the second time with Jeff, he actually read the book!), I LOVED the movie. I think it is all about expectations...I was expecting too much from it the first time I saw it.