Monday, March 17, 2008

Girls are from Mars!


I have come to the conclusion that I actually like the boys as friends rather then the girls for Lexi. Girls are just so mean at this age. Lexi came home the other day just bawling. She said that some girls at school told her she had no talents, and they didn't want to be friends with her anymore. Good thing I wasn't there I might have said some not so nice things to them! So, we told her of course, she has talents. (Andrew had to mention for some reason that I don't have very noticable talents, but I can make good cinnamon rolls and the best gosh darn sugar cookies he ever tasted...see if I make him any for a while...thanks hun!) We named off that she plays piano and she can sing...among many others. So, a few days later she came home and tells us they said they didn't want to be her friends anymore...again. It is all a very vicious cycle. So, I asked her why? She said it was because she went to sit with Devon( a boy) at lunch instead of them and she added that when they said this, her reply was, "That's fine". I noticed her a little bit happier this time in relaying her story to me. Like she had given them a very subtle what for. I must say I was very proud. She wasn't mean like they had been, just simple. She said they just kinda looked at her when she said it too. I think they were shocked. Ha! So, anyways.... she has friends who are boys that live right next to us. They are in her class also. They are never mean to her which lead me to wonder when is it that boys come from Jupiter? Do they fly them there when they hit a certain age...to get more stupider. Dang that puberty!

4 comments:

Marie said...

You know being up at the school and all I have noticed girls seem way different than when I was that age! They can be so cruel. Tyler being in third grade still seems to have no cares in the world, but the girls in his class....my goodness! I went up there for a Valentine's party and one was in tears becuase two girls plotted against her to get the others in the class to ignore her and man it was just unbelievable!

Daily Drama Mama said...

I still like boys better and i am grown up. I heard from your sisters about some crazy growing up stories between you all. Plus Bree is ALL the girl I can handle. When did they stop bording school? :-)

Sarah Lee said...

Okay, my comment is about your table... guess what? That's the same table we have! You have impeccable taste!

Cammie said...

Girls are way mean. Poor Morgan has had a few run ins with mean girls. Lucky for us, not all girls are mean.