Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gymnastics






There were supposed to be 3 other boys in Carters class and we showed up...no boys. It made it worse when some of the little girls...like 3 and 4 years olds starting saying "boys aren't supposed to do gymnastics". I wanted to cry. Carter stuck it out and had a good time, but I can already see that he is going to want to get out of it just for the fact that there aren't any boys in the class. Why is that? Why do we have this perception that boys can't do gymnastics..and if they do they must be gay. I don't get it. We are talking about that a lot on both of the classes I am taking online. I have come to my own conclusion that men are just very sensitive. It they were to admit that they wanted to do gymnastics they would have to deal with the taunting, and they are really not tough enough to deal with it. Why are women fine with doing boy sports but boys aren't fine with "girl" sports? Doesn't make sense to me. Men need to grow up and quit raising their boys to be heartless and uncompassionate. who cares if they play with dolls when they are 2. Maybe it will help them to be better dads...men need all the help they can get! I am done venting now. I have a great husband who supports me and Carter. He is very hands on. Mallory and Lexi had a great time too. I only have pics of Mallory though because I forgot to take my camera to Lexi and Carters class. Mallory is such a poser!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats such a great observation. One of my best friends has a nephew who does gymnastics, and all of his daddys friends even were making comments. It was soooo sad. They didn't say anything to him, but even the fathers of the boys in gymnastics have to put up with unsensitive comments from neandrethals. Such a double standard.

Cammie said...

Wow. Alec is in gymnastics. He loves it. He chose it over his Karate class. I know for fact, he's not gay or a wimp. He's all boy. Wade wanted him to do gymnastics. It helps there coordination and builds their muscles. Some men aren't very smart. We can't change them but we can raise our boys to be real men. I am so glad Wade's not like that.