Friday, October 17, 2008

I have a reason....

I have been somewhat diagnosed with Graves Disease. It is a thyroid condition..overactive but you wouldn't know it considering I am not skinny...dang why couldn't I get that symptom? Actually one thing that isn't listed is that you might be more hungry..which is me all the time. The next step will be to get a Rodioactive Iodine scan...so In a few weeks I get to take a pill that will make my thyroid glow. And then eventually I will have to have my thyroid killed and take supplements for the rest of my life. The thing I am looking forward to the most would be that I get to take a Vacation...if you can call it that...away from my kids. The Radioactive stuff can kill their Thyroid too...I am just glad I have an excuse now for some of the sypmtoms.
Graves' disease symptoms may include:
Anxiety
Irritability
Difficulty sleeping
Fatigue
A rapid or irregular heartbeat
A fine tremor of your hands or fingers
An increase in perspiration
Sensitivity to heat
Weight loss, despite normal food intake
Brittle hair
Enlargement of your thyroid gland (goiter)
Did I mention one of the things that causes Graves Disease... Stress. I think I need more Vacations, a maid, a nanny, a cook, and realeased from Primary....anyone willing to work for free?

9 comments:

Shantay said...

Wow! I hope all goes well for you. I bet you do a great job in primary. I miss enrichment so much; they need lots of help here in Albuquerque, ha!

Marie said...

Wow Kari! How long have you been going to the doctor to finally get an answer? I hope things go smoothly for you! Keep us updated!

Cammie said...

Holy Cow. That's serious. I'm glad you got it figured out. It will be nice when you feel better. So where will you go to get away from your kids?

Franna and Jon Larsen said...

WOW! I can't believe you didn't say anything!! Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Daily Drama Mama said...

Um, Ok I will stop complaining. I hope everything goes well. Where are you going to take a vacation to? Can I come? I have a hard time knowing I am at home and other people are vacationing. I am crazy like that.

Julie Crick said...

I am glad that you are finally getting answers. By the way, love all the pictures. I have such cute grandkids.

Kari and Jared said...

I hope everything goes well. Hopefully you get to somewhat enjoy your "vacation". Good luck!

Hunter Family said...

that's crazy! hopefully the drs. will figure everything out and you can start feeling better. how's school going?

Linda Perkes said...

I am glad you have answers, but sorry that the answer is Graves' disease. Let me know how we can help when you go for the treatment. Best wishes!