We went to a Fire Prevention open house today at Andrew's home away from home. They had free hotdogs, drinks, popcorn, firetruck rides, demonstrations, games, and best of all prizes. ..oh and Sparky and Smokey the Bear. And not just any prizes, gift cards to Wal-mart, casino buffetts, golfing, dinner at Outback with movies tickets to the local theatre and more resturant freebees! It was great. We are such losers, we stayed the whole 4 hours....waiting for them to do the drawing. It is a good thing we did. We got 2 free dinner buffetts, hockey tickets, a t-shirt, wal-mart gift card, toys for the kids...I think that is it! The kids had a blast, I think Carter went through the smoke house (a mock house that smokes up to teach kids to not freak out when there is a fire..to get low to the ground, call 911 and get out of the house.) over 10 times. He even started teaching the little class that went before the "fire" happened! Poor Owen was so tired. He finely got a nap in the last hour! What a trooper!
And Remember only you can prevent forest fires!
8 years ago




2 comments:
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I wish we had nice warm weather to be wearing shorts in!
Fun! Your family is beautiful and charming. I don't think I ever realized how much Lexi looks like you.
Post a Comment