Monday, January 26, 2009

Bragging rights

So I just wanted to do a little bragging on my kids. Hey, its my right as a mother...right? Well this all happened like a week or more ago! Started out on a Monday, I take the kids to Gymnastics on Monday night ( Yes I know FHE, we still get to do it after they get home). I was sitting there just watching..I am assuming the older girls because they are so awesome to watch, when I hear a bell ringing. I look over to see who was ringing the bell. It was Lexi. They get to ring the bell anytime they master a new skill. She started to run back in all her glory while the whole gym stops and claps. She had learned to pull herself under,up, and over the bar. She says none of the other girls can do it. I only have heard the bell probably 4 times in the 5 months of taking them...I was grinning from ear to ear the whole way home, a proud Mama! Carter is now making it his main goal to do the same thing. He is trying to talk his teachers into letting him ring the bell even though he hasn't accomplished the skill..silly boy! The next day the kids have their awards from school. Both Carter and Lexi have A honor roll and have been MVP for their class (meaning they got chosen by their teachers for good behavior to represent for a whole month) Lexi even received perfect attendance, which is a first for our family! Poor Carter would have too, but he didn't last the whole day....he threw up on the bus on the way to school and had to come back home. Bless his heart he tried!
The next day, was gymnastics for Mallory. It was a pretty unruly day. There were more kids then normal, most of which ran around the gym like crazy kids not listening to the teacher. Mallory was being her very interested and well behaved self (only true in gymnastics). Her teacher ends up talking to me after class and mentions that Mallory behaves very well and thinks she needs to be moved up!!! Ah, another proud Mama moment! So, Mallory gets to go to gym with the older kids and she did very well her first class. Onto Carter, we talked about goals a couple of FHE's ago and Carters goal was to learn to ride his bike with no training wheels. So, Andrew went out took his wheels off, told Carter to hop on and 2 minutes later he was riding his bike all by himself. Fantastic! I love these moments in life that we can have. It makes me remember why it is worth going through the bad things in life!

6 comments:

Franna and Jon Larsen said...

You go Wells family!!! Looks like you are ALL starting the year off on a great note. And Kari, definitely you should brag any chance you can.

The Mahlums said...

Well of course they are the best... they take after me :) They are such good kids. Brag all you want.

Cascade said...

Don't you just love being a mom. I know I do.

Hunter Family said...

I would be proud too!! Good job Wells kids!

Cammie said...

Your kids are great. You deserve bragging rights.

The Mahlums said...

Nate got some pain meds and some antibiotics. it will take a couple of weeks to go away but he will be fine :)