Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm on a roll

I figured I would give Judy and Tom a little sneak peak of the sail boats here...you can add these to your collection!
The sand is black mixed with the normal colored sand. I think it is because of the lava rocks, but the water is gorgeous!

The water is the most beautiful blue.




The Azores are made up from lava rock.

Andrew and Owen handing in the kiddie pool1 Theres fish and sea urchins that hang out on in the pools areas. The only down side is that it is lava rock all underneath, so you gotta wear crocks or water shoes.

A guy snorkeling in the deeper adult area. When Andrew and I get time alone this is what we want to go and do!

More then one post in a week..wow! We were able to get off base thanks to a great family in the ward the Winwards. They lent us their van. It actually can take 5 hours to get around the whol eIsland. It took us about 30 minutes to get to the city of Biscoitos. They are known for their winemaking and a wonderful water hole. So we went and looked around. It was a beautiful a scarey drive. Scarey because the roads are so narrow, and everyone drives so crazy. Pictures can hardly even show the beauty! I am very surprised this isn't a bigger vacation spot! I am hoping to get better on my picture taking abilities. We then went onto Praia, there is a beach there. So far that is my favorite city. We had some ice cream which was yummy!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Looks like you guys are on vacation for the next few years. I'm looking forward to your adventures!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! Looks like a lot of fun...and it's no surprise there is a beach at Praia, because that's what praia means :)