8 years ago
Friday, April 17, 2009
Its finally come
So, the day I have been waiting for has finally come. It was totally unexpected and still seems so unreal. We got orders. WE are moving to the Azores. Our report no later date is the 15th of August...yes of this year. We are both shocked and excited. The kids are nervous and sad. We already have had people say they were coming to visit..they better be true to their word!!!! It is a tiny island we will be on for 2 years...17 x 11 miles. For those of you who don't know the Azores is off of Portugal..and Spain...and AFrica for that matter. Our nearest temple will be the Madrid, Spain Temple. There are 2 branches on the Island. I am assuming one is Portuguese and the other English speaking. The kids and I will leave the beginning of June to go say our goodbyes to family..since we more then likely won't back for those 2 years. Andrew will probably catch up with us in July sometime. We are kinda freaking out because this is such short notice to get everything ready to move. It will be a lot of work! We have to put a lot of stuff in storage because they only allow us so much weight to take over! So, I am having a massive garage sale, then putting a bunch of stuff in storage. We really will only take our beds, kitchen stuff, clothes, computer, tv, maybe a few toys. We are selling our couch, table...and anything else I don't want to store!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
What! I am happy for you and very sad for me. You will be missed!
I think you will love the Azores! Congratulations.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't want you to leave!! We are going to TRULY miss you, but I know that you will have an AMAZING family adventure.
Congratulations on your move. Sorry we missed your call. Keep your blog active and we can track of your family. Also, Carter looked great on TV! Take care and good luck.
The Jorgensen's: Bryan and Brenda and family
Wow the Azores! You will be in a great spot to do some awesome traveling! Everyone I know that has been stationed there loved it! Just keep an open mind and take every opportunity you can! It may never happen again! I don't think we will get to cross paths since we are suppose to leave Germany in Sept. I would have loved to see you guys!
What a fun adventure!!! I am so coming. You know I have shown up pretty much unannounced before.............:)
Wow! I hope you love the island. I'm sure it will be way different but super exciting to find all the fun things to do and eat! Good luck!
I promise, we are coming to visit next spring or summer. I am starting a savings account this month. How fun!!!
PS Morgan is relieved you will be at the reunion this year.
Holy cow! How exciting for you. Dan is going to be so jealous! Good luck!
Post a Comment